Monday 4 February 2008

Whoops!

I may have bought some yarn last night. However, I actually have a really good reason. There is a very special event happening next year in July, and I have been planning to design and knit a project for the person who's event it is. I had intended to ask Dee to custom-dye me some yarn, for I need something very particular for it. Imagine my shock when I looked last night to find EXACTLY the yarn I'd planned to ask for! Right weight, material, colour, amount, everything. So I bought it. Which means that I'm well ahead of myself to get this uber-project finished on time. Fingers crossed!

Other things I did this weekend included:
-utterly fail to work on the second mitt at all
-nearly finish the second Jaywalker (I'll finish it tonight at the Stitch'n'Bitch)
-dig through my knitting and sewing stash to find numerous things I had forgotten I had
-take photos and forget to post them (oops!)
-fish out the second Jitterbug sock and remember just how much I love the yarn
-begin the process of cutting out a chemise to wear to the next revel
-find a partially worked piece of embroidery to work on
-use up two partial balls of yarn! 123 balls left!

So, at lunchtime and tonight I shall be first finishing the Jaywalker and then working on the second Jitterbug sock. Convenient how I will then have a mindless purse-sock AND a set of free needles to start a new sock. And both pairs of socks are suitable colours for Project Spectrum!

I've had to rearrange my yarn storage to help reclaim the living room. I'm actually pretty happy with it. I've basically moved all of the big bags of stuff on top of the wardrobe in the living room, which means that it looks a lot better, and I no longer have the pressure of "Ack! Too much stuff!" sitting at my kniting corner. Well, I still have more stuff out than I'd like, but hopefully I'll get things finished and thus make space. I'm just about recovered enough that I can tolerate the weight of Victorian Lace Today on my abdomen, so hopefully I'll be able to get on and work on the half-hexagon shawl.

No comments: