Wednesday 13 February 2008

Ah, the delights of organization

First - I worked on the fingerless glove last night. I am getting there, slowly but surely.

I was having one of those evenings of fidgeting, where I can't really settle into knitting on any one project. So I got down all of my bags of knitting and started reorganizing yet again. And this time I grabbed the biggest bag and put all of the yarn and WIPs for my Mission: Possible into it. So now I can have just that one bag, work on anything in it, and still be making progress! There is still a little bit of M:P yarn in the tub, but the bag was full and I didn't want to induce a yarn-flavoured panic attack.

I also spent some time working on the long abandoned drop-stitch shawl. Not knitting on it, mind you, but cutting and attaching fringe to the part I had already finished. I loathe fringing about as much as I do weaving in ends, and I was having visions of finishing the knitting and never doing all that fringe! So I just did some of it. I'm planning to spend a good chunk of Thursday morning working on it so that I can get some wear out of it before the weather gets too warm to need a heavy shawl.

I had a few moments on inspiration yesterday too. My mum very kindly bought me four balls of Lion Brand Incredible ribbon yarn over Christmas, and I have been racking my brains trying to figure out something that would make the best use of its qualities and the amount. And finally it hit me - I will make a beach cover-up! One of those drapey, lacy wraparound skirt things that you wear over your bikini. It will be perfect, and I can use up every bit of the yarn.
I also found a really lovely scarf pattern for the Suede yarn too - very simple to show off the yarn, but not so simple it will be boring. Woohoo!

I really, really need to get some photos taken. My Ravelry account is looking shoddy and I haven't had a new picture on the blog in about a week!

No comments: