First of all - I finished the chemise yesterday! I haven't actually tried it on yet, but it fit after I'd sewn up the major seams, so I'm pretty sure it's ok. I will try to convince the husband to take a photo of it tonight, since I'm now working on his green tunic. I'm getting faster at hemming, so managed to do half of the huge neckline today over my lunch hour. It was good.
In other news, I have been thinking more about Mission:Possible. As it stood from the beginning of the year, there was no way that I was going to complete everything after taking up with the SCA. Sewing is just too time-consuming.
So, rather than abandon the Mission entirely, I’ve decided that I’m going to rework my goals into something a little bit more realistic given my new commitments. Because this is about making progress on using the yarn instead of hoarding it, finishing the projects instead of letting them hibernate! So, my new and improved and achievable goals:
1-4: Finished four of the original list - Monkey Socks, Black shawl, Dr Who leftovers, alpaca neckwarmer.
5: Finish Swallowtail out of crimson Eva
6: Finish the crocheted ripple bedspread that will use up most of my acrylic stash
7: Knit something, however small, out of some of my 6 skeins of Tapestry
8: Knit a pair of Anne-trelac socks
9: Knit a pair of Pomatomus socks
10: Mystery project (I may have signed up for a new mystery knitalong)
11: Finish Interlocking Cables sweater
12: Knit flag for the 198 Countries Peace Project
Not too different from the original list, but reduced a fair bit. I think it's doable!