Monday 19 May 2008

Le Weekend

Busy, but not as productive as I'd hoped.

The chemise is coming along nicely. I did almost all of the seam finishing that needs to be done before hemming, and hemmed one of the sleeve cuffs. I've got 4 seams left to finish, the second sleeve cuff and the bottom of the chemise to hem, then it's done. The green tunic basically didn't have anything done to it at all bar pressing the shoulder seams. I decided that finishing one thing at a time would be better for my moral! Having the sewing machine out all weekend really did help, though. Even if it was a pain.

In between rounds of sewing I worked on the bedspread, which is motoring along. I love it, and I'm looking forward to having it done! I also indulged in a little Summer of Socks preparation. All of my sock yarn is now in a bag, I've dropped some bad yarn off at a charity shop and made more space that way, and have been working on using up my scraps of sock yarn leftovers before I start generating lots more. I've been making korknisse! These are little trolls made by knitting a sweater and a pointy hat for a wine cork. Very cute, utterly quick, really good for using up scraps. I'm going to make half a dozen or so for my friend's birthday on Friday.

I've also been planning which sock patterns to make with my yarn. Here's the list, although it will be subject to change:

  • Jitterbug in Bright Charcoal - Butterflies and Bees Socks from the Six Sox Knitalong
  • Wool-Rich in Fruit Fondue - Bellatrix Socks
  • Wool-Rich in Green Pumpkin - Aquaphobia Socks
  • Matchmaker 4-ply in Grey - Austrian Socks
  • Wool-Ease in Rose Heather - Hiking Socks and Cabled Footies
  • Bulgarian Cotton in Orange - Fishnet Knee-Highs
  • Kroy Socks in Easter Egg - Wendy's Feather and Fan Socks (pdf)
  • Laura in Chi-Chi - Petticoat Socks
  • Lucia in Ruffled - Kaibashira Socks
  • Regia Semisolid in Blue - Baudelaire Socks
  • Schoppel Admiral Dark - Conwy
  • Schoppel Admiral Light - Monkey Socks (again!)
  • sKnitches Kettle Drum in Aegean - Pomatomus Socks
  • Wisdom Yarns in San Diego - Anne-trelac Socks

I'm going to be busy this summer!

No comments: