Friday 7 March 2008

Too many projects, not enough time

I finished the gusset decreases on the Monkey sock. All I want to do is sit and finish them. But I really need to spend this evening sewing so that at least one of us has completed garb by next Saturday. Fortunately spouse already has purchased hose and a shirt that will do as an under-tunic for now, so I might be able to get mine done in time too. Fingers crossed.

It is very nearly Easter closure, and I am looking forward to it immensely. I'm hoping to get the first chart for the half-hexagon shawl completed. This chart is by far the largest part of the shawl, something like three quarters of the shawl. (There are a lot of repeats.) It's also the easiest section of the shawl, which means it's slower. I know, it sounds weird, but I concentrate harder when things are more complicated, so I'm less likely to make mistakes and more likely to do more. That's why I've set aside this big chunk of time for the first chart.

The cast-off for the shawl is this funky crocheted quasi-picot thing. I can't decide whether I like it or not. You can see it on Ravelry if you have an account there. I may end up using a cast-off from Gossamer Webs, since they claim to be incredibly stretchy. Still, it's a long while yet before I'm going to need to worry about that!

No comments: