Things are going well. Over the weekend I'm planning to do a big first quarter review of all my Mission:Possible projects with photos. Plus if I'm feeling brave I might even count how many balls of yarn I have. I probably won't, mostly because I've acquired a load more yarn, but also because I don't feel like digging it all out and making a mess.
The ripple afghan is going well. I joined the second skein of yarn on this morning, so it is now a 2-colour afghan. Purple and black, very goth. I'm going to do some number-crunching tonight and figure out exactly how big it's going to end up, based on how many rows I got out of how many grams of yarn. Or something like that. I did a ton of work on the cabled sweater over Easter weekend too - it's starting to look like a piece of fabric instead of a cast-on on a circular needle. And I bought buttons for another pair of booties.
And because I passed a test yesterday, I decided that I was entitled to start a new project. Especially since I've finished four projects already this month! So, last night I fished out one of the balls of sock yarn that I bought last year at the Knitting and Stitching Show and cast on for a Pomatomus Sock. This was one of the sock patterns in my M:P list, so I'm still feeling fairly virtuous. I've been having some logic issues with the pattern, though. This sock was designed by the same person as the Monkey socks, and was originally knit with the same yarn. However, the Monkeys were done over 64 on 2.5mm needles, and the Poms are written as 72 on 2.75mm needles. And they supposedly make the same size sock! Several other Ravellers have made the same observation, so I'm going to make them on 2.5mm needles. If they are too big, I can give them away and know better for next time.
The result of this doubt for the Poms is that I'm not now using the yarn I had originally planned for them. I love my sKnitches, and I want it to go on a project that will make me totally happy. So I'm planning to use it for the Meadowlands Sock, the pattern that won the design conpetition for Summer of Socks 2007. It's based on a Cat Bordhi construction, which is something I've always wanted to try. Unfortunately, it's really difficult to find the book in the UK. I guess it must be a small US press that doesn't have a contract with any European retailers. Truth be told, I'd love to play with any of her books. Much like Knitting New Scarves, Ms Bordhi's knitting explores and pushes the boundaries of what is possible with knitted fabric. Some of it is not really to my taste, like knitting socks on two circular needles, but the constructions of her projects are fascinating.