I did afghan maths last night. Except really, I should call it a bedspread. The width is enough to drape nicely over a double bed, and according to my calculations it's going to be just over 5 feet long. Woohoo! Officially the biggest project I've ever made, size-wise.
Some other numbers - the stripes are going to be 17 and 9 stitches wide. Funny numbers, but the goal is to use up the yarn and that is how many stripes I can get out of each size skein. I have completed 18.5 rows of 136. The bedspread will have 11 stripes in 4 colours, and I think I've got a stripe pattern that will prevent them looking like they clash too horribly.
On with the crochet!