Monday 9 June 2008

Slowly going mad

I am so sick of sewing! And yet it's all I want to do! ARGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent most of my free time over the weekend sewing. It was productive. I'm nearly done with my red gown. And yet, I haven't gotten nearly as much done as I'd hoped (I was hoping to finish it yesterday), and I can't go any faster because it's killing my left arm and both wrists. Incredibly frustrating. Basically when I can't sew it's all I want to do, and when I am sewing I'd rather be knitting. And I still have a ton to do before Coronation.

I am making fairly good progress on my Odessa hat, though. Only 4 more repeats of the pattern and then the decreases for the top. It would be the perfect portable mindless project if it weren't for the beads. They are fiddly as hell, and I can't figure out a decent transportable storage container for them. Right now they are living in a dip bowl on my needlework table.

I want to knit socks. I want to work on my Swallowtail Shawl. I want to crochet my bedspread. What I'm going to do, probably right up until the 27th, is hem miles and miles of costumes. Ick.

No comments: