Thursday 17 July 2008

A quiet evening in

The spouse was at a meeting last night, so I spent the evening at home with my knitting and the Fellowship of the Ring on DVD. (As an aside, this trilogy is amazing. Favourite set of films ever.) Decided that since there was no conversation on the agenda, I'd indulge in some Swallowtail action. I haven't worked on this shawl in a couple of months, but I got back into the swing of it reasonably quickly, and finished an entire repeat of the Budding Lace chart. Only 5 more of those, then the section with the beads, then the edging.

And then I get to experience the joy of blocking my first lace shawl. I suspect there is going to be much bargaining over the use of the bed as a blocking surface, since it's the only flat surface in our flat that's big enough to block a shawl. The spare mattress might work, since this is only a little shawl, but we'll have to see.

Of course, at the rate I'm knitting I may not even need to block the thing until next year. :D

No comments: