Wednesday 16 July 2008

I am weak

For last night I cast on another new project. I didn't have anything on the needles for Summer of Socks, so I went through my sock yarn stash, fished out my oldest skein of sock yarn (Jitterbug in Bright Charcoal that I got as payment for the Dr Who Scarf), and cast on a pair of Monkey Socks. This will be the second pair I've made and will certainly not be the last. As I was fondling all my yarn last night, I just kept looking at the different colours and thinking "that could be Monkeys. So could that..." about nearly every skein I've got. There are a couple that are absolutely going to be something else, but there's maybe 4 more skeins that I want to make into Monkeys. It's just such a great pattern!

I finished the ribbing last night, and I'm starting the first pattern repeat over lunch. I'm only doing 2 on the cuffs since the yardage in this yarn is atrocious, rather than the 4 I did on the last pair. It should still be ample, though, since I like ankle socks. Fingers crossed!

No comments: