Friday 27 February 2009

unanticipated outcomes

A few days ago I discovered that the Student Union was showing the newest version of Sweeney Todd. You know, the one with Johnny Depp singing. So, since £3 is a good price for a cinema ticket in central London, off I toddled. Lighthearted, bit of a giggle, not really worth owning on DVD to be honest.

Anyway. I think I want to take up barbering. Since I have so much free time! I've been toying with the idea for a couple of months now, thanks to all the reenactment. The generally accepted wisdom is that the accessories make the outfit. I disagree. I think it's the hair that makes the outfit. You can have all the accessories you want, but purple spikey hair is going to kill the outfit no matter what you're wearing. So is the wrong kind of facial hair.

I have to learn to put up my hair, and since I end up trimming my husband's hair and beard anyway I may as well learn to do it properly so that it looks right. I think I'll be practicing using a cutthroat razor on my legs first before trying his chin though!

No comments: