Monday 16 February 2009

A knitterly dilemma

I need new socks. Rather desperately, in fact - the last time I bought new socks was about 5 years ago. My favourites have holes in them, and even the ones I don't like that much are wearing through.

The thing is, I knit socks. I love knitting socks. I have enough sock yarn to make myself 16 pairs of everyday* socks, which would be more than enough to get me through all the days of the laundry cycle, especially added to the 5 pairs I already have and wear.

The dilemma? I have enough commitment knitting to take me through until at least the end of April. It takes me 4-10 weeks to knit a pair of socks. But my knitterly pride objects to buying socks when I have so many proto-socks in my flat already! I just don't know how much longer I can continue to wear these poor, shredded rags of socks...

*everyday socks are socks with enough nylon content that I can wear them inside my work shoes without destroying or felting them. Unlike my Posh Yarn socks, which only get worn around the flat after it's been swept.

No comments: