Monday 5 January 2009

Bah

I decided last night to take a break from the spinning and start making progress on my M:P09 goals by working on the Pomatomus sock. Just one problem - I've completely lost my place in the pattern. I also had 42 stitches on the patterned needle instead of 37, no idea where they came from.

So, since the whole point of knitting is to have fun......... I ripped the sock out. Completely. No more Poms for me. I might come back to the pattern in a couple of years, but for now I am thrilled that it is gone.

Of course, I needed a new sock to replace it. No, I still haven't finished the last 3 inches of Rock and Weave number 2. It's waiting for my lunch hour. The buttons are on and all the ends are woven in, I literally have 3 inches of knitting and a toe to graft. Then they are done. I've cast on for a new sock in the meantime, and it's going well.

Back in the summer I got a skein of undyed Trekking sock yarn and went wild with the Kool-Ade. I never blogged about it because the camera died, and I've been a bit busy since then. It's variegated lime green, turquoise and plum, which means that it's too busy for most patterns. I found a ribbed sock with a simple cable down each side of the ankle so it's not too boring. Hopefully it'll show up through the yarn. If not, I'll just get funky new ribbed socks.

No comments: