Sunday 3 August 2008

What a weekend!

I have finished my flag, putting me one project closer to ending the year with no WIPs, and one project closer to completing my Mission:Possible goals. I think I'm going to spend the rest of the afternoon having a leisurely swatching and working on socks session. I'm trying to relax prior to the frantic knitting that will commence on Friday for the Ravelympics!

I did in fact go to the shop yesterday for the needles I need for the vest. Got the needles I needed. Took my knitting friend who has a newborn with me, because she really needed a baby-free couple of hours! And she decided to treat me, since I've been helping with Baby L and generally providing adult company and conversation. So I now have a skein of Noro Kureyon Sock and a new book!

Then in the later part of the afternoon, a bunch of friends came round for tea and biscuits and I acquired more yarn. Newly Knitting Friend had been to the John Lewis seasonal clearance sale a few weeks back, and when I told her over the phone that I couldn't afford to go to a yarn clearance sale, she decided to get me 6 balls of Rowan 4-ply cotton in a lovely pale orange colour, since I'm "the only person she know who likes orange". Enough lightweight cotton for a tank top!

I have really lovely friends.

No comments: