Monday 11 August 2008

Going well over the weekend

I decided that since I absolutely cannot work on my Swallowtail Shawl anywhere other than at home, I would take advantage of the horrible wet weather and work on the shawl all weekend. I completed the 14 repeats of the second chart and have moved on to the first beaded chart. And my goodness is it slow. I've got over 200 stitches on the needles now (in fact I've moved over onto a circular needle for just that reason!), and each row takes forever! Still, it's looking good, and I'm enjoying working on it. I have high hopes of getting it finished soon.

Poms are started, but I didn't really do much on them since I was working so much on the shawl. I've done a few more rounds, and am really looking forward to getting stuck in.

I finished the heel flap and turned the heel of the second Monkey sock last night while watching the Seventh Seal. It's true what they say - you can't watch subtitled films and knit from a chart at the same time! Still, the film was fabulous, and it's good to make progress on the sock. It's now back in my handbag. I'm hoping to finish it up over this week's lunch-hours.

No comments: