Sunday 13 April 2008

Don't Faint

I finished two projects this weekend!

The first is one that I made so quickly it never even made it onto the blog as yarn. As I suspected, I did end up in Loop yesterday. I bought the DPNs I needed to finish another project and realized that I was going to be trapped in a pub for hours with a bunch of people I didn't really know with no knitting! Ack! So I bought a skein of Colinette Graffiti in Turquoise to turn into a scarf with my newly acquired DPNs. I did most of the scarf last night and then finished it this morning.

Aaaaaaaaaaand...

I finished the black drop-stitch shawl! Totally out of the blue. I decided to measure the wingspan for snicks, just to see how much wider it actually needed to be. Imagine my shock when I realized that one more repeat, rather than 7, would make it big enough! So I sat down in front of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, cranked out that last repeat and cast off. I'm so glad that I'd been doing the fringe as I went along - I only had 4 pieces to attach instead of 40. Much better that way.

The real question is, what am I going to work on next?

No comments: