Sunday 27 February 2011

Another FO! Now with bonus WIP photos!

I finally finished the woven scarf I started back at the beginning of October. Wowsa. There is no earthly reason this should have take so long. Delighted that it's done!
noro monkeys 010
It's just the right length, and incredibly soft and drapey. The Posh Laura is wonderful if a little difficult to weave with. I still have half a skein so may end up making a pair of mitts to go with. I love the way the variegated yarn ended up doing this tartanesque thing:
noro monkeys 011

Other stuff that's going on includes:
A new pair of Monkey socks, this time made from Noro Kureyon Sock. I swore I'd never make socks from this yarn, but I need socks and didn't like how it was knitting up into mittens. It's looking fab as socks, so fingers crossed it wears well underfoot.
noro monkeys 001
A pair of hot-pink slippers, destined for fulling and my feet. Boring, and the DPNs I'm using are a little bit too short for all of the gusset stitches, so I'm leaving them for the moment. I hope to finish them in March.
noro monkeys 002
The first leaf of my Vintage socks. The Tsarina wasn't kidding when she said this was her most fiddly pattern ever. But I think they'll be gorgeous when they're done, some time next year, perhaps.
noro monkeys 007

I'm doing a fair bit of spinning at the moment, too. I'm just over halfway through a batch of melon-coloured alpaca that's destined for Weaving Friend once it's done. I'm also working on some gorgeous red cormo/merino that was a gift from a lovely Raveller. I'm aiming for a DK or worsted 3-ply to turn into a scarf for myself. And I'm also doing the first bobbin of singles for some sock yarn, made of a fabulous merino/nylon top that drafts like a dream. Still haven't finished any spinning projects this year, but as long as I have 12 done by the end it's all good.

No comments: