Thursday 3 January 2013

2012 round-up

Not a bad year, all told. I made a lot of things, learned a lot of things, tried quite a few things for the first time and used up a lot of my stash!

I completed twenty-two projects, which included:

  • 5 pairs of socks
  • 1 shawl
  • 5 scarves and cowls
  • 2 pairs of fingerless gloves
  • 5 spinning projects
  • 2 sweaters, 1 baby and 1 adult
  • 1 crocheted snowflake
  • 1 sewing project
Fewer than previous years, but given that I finished my Owls sweater and the Vintage Tsocks I'm not overly concerned. Plus there's that whole pesky "having a life" thing that I've been trying out.

I finally starched and blocked the snowflake I made back in August:

Swappy goodness 003

For the first part of the year I'm having a moratorium on new projects. There are three types of yarn-related things that I generally have on the go - things that live in my handbag, things that live at home, and spinning. I'd like to get that down to not more than two of each type!

Other than reducing the number of WIPs, I don't really have any major goals for the coming year. I want to keep reducing my stash, getting things finished, learning new techniques, but those are on-going goals.

No comments: