Tuesday 8 January 2013

First finished project of the year!

As I'd planned, I'm starting off the year by working through some of my outstanding works-in-progress. On Thursday I finished up the first one - set it to block over the weekend, then sewed the ends in yesterday. Here it is being modelled by my lovely mother, who has taken it home with her!

Windowpane Scarf 001

Yarn is Noro Sekku. Pattern is the Noro Windowpane Scarf. I used a 4.5mm crochet hook, and used up pretty much every inch of the yarn. The pattern is very straightforward, if a little dull, but it was perfect for travelling and working on public transport. The yarn... Well. It's not my favourite. The colours are fabulous, as all Noro colours are, but the texture's not great and it's far too thick-and-thin for my tastes. Still, it's all gone now and I can get on with something more enjoyable!

No comments: