I had a pretty good month in May - finished three socks! Two of them were from a pair, even!
Cascade 220 bedsocks:
An excellent use of an entire ball of worsted yarn that had no purpose. And it meant that I had nice warm feet at the SCA event we went to last weekend.
Of course, I had to take some knitting with me to the event, so I made a push on my black cabled socks. I finished the cuff and heel before we left. I also made the decision not to continue the cable pattern down the foot, as I really wanted something plain to knit while I walked around Winchester. I finished knitting the gusset decreases as we went down on the train, and grafted the toe shut the evening we got back to London.
It's shockingly difficult to take pictures of cables and lace in a shiny black sock yarn. They look pretty good in person, though.
The second sock is going really well. I've never suffered from the dreaded Second Sock Syndrome. It's the first sock I always have issues with, because the first sock is the one where you have to make all the decisions and rip out mistakes. The second sock just has to match the first. I've nearly finished the cuff, and since I'm about to have a 4-day Bank Holiday weekend for the Queen's Jubilee, I have high hopes of getting the pair done by next weekend at the latest.