Sunday 4 March 2012

Progress

One of my goals for this month is a completed pair of Vintage Tsocks. I've been making pretty good progress so far. The plain stockinette portion of both feet is done, and I've gone ahead and worked the attached i-cord stems on the toe leaves so that I could get rid of the trailing yarn ends.

I'm all ready to start working the embossed grapes panel that makes up the instep of the sock, but before I do that I'm going to make some more leaves. I've got 13 left, 5 of one colour and 8 of the last. I'd like to get the 5 done first, then I'll move onto the embossed grapes and the short-row heel. After the heel, the last 8 leaves, then the top of the grapes and the ribbed cuff! Then I'll have to block all the leaves before attaching them. Fortunately they dry very quickly, since they're so small.

No comments: