Wednesday 4 January 2012

State of the WIPs, January edition

I've been doing photo updates for my Ravelry account, and it would seem that my WIP count has gotten a wee bit out of control! Here's a rundown, keeping in mind that there are also spinning, embroidery and sewing projects lurking about the place. Here are the yarny things, in order of age.

Sock yarn granny blanket:
sotw0112 001

Progress being made here. This is a very long-term project, of course. The balls of yarn in the photo are the scraps waiting to be crocheted into squares.

Vintage Tsocks:
sotw0112 004

Slow but sure. I've just about memorized the pattern for the leaves, so they are quite quick when I'm working on them. I'm not particularly looking forward to the toe-up sock, though, so I'm not in any great rush.

Insane Mitts:
knit nation 2011 022

Haven't touched them since Knit Nation. I'll pick them up again once I've gotten the total count down a bit.

Leaf on the Wind Shawl:
Boy socks 002

Again, haven't touched this in ages. It's an enormous garter stitch square to begin with, so it's pretty mindless. If I can find a sturdy project bag I may make this my handbag project once the current socks are done.

Noro Scarf:
sotw0112 002

Generic woven scarf. The yarn is outrageously sticky, so I only work on it until it annoys me too much. I may spend this weekend ploughing through to see how much I can get done.

Silk Scarf:
Inner Child Yarn 007

Love it, just haven't had the mental energy to work on it of late. It's pretty complicated, with patterning on both sides. I want to get it right!

Lacy Grey Socks:
sotw0112 003

Nearly done! I love them to pieces.

Mum's Catkin Shawl:
sotw0112 007

I'm not sure about this. I don't think the yarn is right for the pattern, plus I'm not enjoying the pattern all that much. We'll see how it looks in a month or so.

Handspun Cowl:
sotw0112 005

When this grows up it'll be another Bordello Cowl, this time for me. This is only a weekend's worth of knitting, so I hope to get it done soon.

Suitable Socks:
sotw0112 006

Remember my need for black sock yarn? Well, I ran out of knitting while visiting family and ended up in an unfamiliar yarn store. The lovely lady who runs it had just finished unpacking a shipment of sock yarn, including some in black. It was destiny. These are eventually going to have big cables and lace running down them. Very snazzy.

Christmas Monkeys:
sotw0112 008

Last but not least, the Monkey socks I cast on for my vacation project. I always like to have a travel project that doesn't require a pattern or much thought, so these were perfect. Plus it's my second-oldest sock yarn.

No comments: