Tuesday 3 January 2012

Old Year, New Year

Farewell 2011, and Happy 2012! Time for a quick year-in-review and planning post!

Finished projects:
  • 6 pairs of socks
  • 5 shawls
  • 2 pairs of wrist warmers
  • 3 cowl/hat things
  • 2 scarves
  • 4 skeins of spinning fiber
  • 3 oddities
  • 1 Master's degree
Only 25 fiber arts FOs, but that last one took up a lot of my time! I'm still waiting on my diploma, but I've had my official pass letter and gotten my dissertation back. Managed a distinction on the dissertation, too!

For the coming year I've got some general goals, but nothing really precise. I'd like to knit up more of my stash. I need more handknit socks, since I'm starting to wear through a few of my everyday pairs. (By everyday I mean socks that can go in the washing machine.) I definitely need to get to work on my spinning fiber, since it's a little out of control! Ditto my fabric stash - now that the MA is done with, I'm hoping to get back to the SCA, and for that I'll need more garb.

I was lucky enough to receive a membership to this year's Tsock Club for Christmas. Those of you who have good memories may recall that although I also had a membership in 2010, I've yet to knit a tsingle Tsock. My most specific goal, therefore, is to knit up some of my first round of Tsocks and some of this year's.

Watch this space for forthcoming posts on the state of the WIPs and a crazy plan inspired by memory lane!

No comments: