I finished up the last five repeats of the edging on Sunday and blocked it on the same day - despite the amount of time sucked up by jam-making!
Pattern - Aestlight Shawl
Yarn - Kauni Effektgarn, purchased in 2008
Needles - 4.5mm
I'm really, really pleased with how this turned out. For a start, it's significantly bigger than expected. That's a double bed it's sprawled across. It also softened up quite a bit after a thorough bath with some hair conditioner. I'm still not going to be able to wear it tight around my neck, but as an outer layer it'll be just fine. The skein was 130g, of which I used 100g. Just about 440 yards, which is more than the pattern calls for, even though I was using the recommended needle size. I must knit more loosely than the designer!