Monday 11 May 2009

The scarves are breeding again

I had to work on something chunky over the weekend to give elbow and shoulder a break. So, rather than do the sensible thing and pick up the hat I've got on the go, I decided to start something new. There was yarn left after I'd finished the coatigan/cushion - four skeins of it. So I got out my 20mm needles, held all four strands together as one, and knit myself an uber-chunky scarf!

scarf 002

The whole project took less than 24 hours, and I've totally used up all the yarn. Woohoo!

I also had a big tidy-up this weekend. We've been rearranging some of our storage due to builders needing boiler access. (Our landlord just had a power shower installed. It's great.) I cleaned out the storage tub with all my embroidery things in, finding some treasures. A pair of patterns with all the fabric and silks waiting to go. A large freehand embroidery I started several years ago, inspired by a Tarot card. An afghan, embroidered all over with cats and their treats. I miss embroidering. Don't get me wrong, I love knitting and spinning, but sometimes it's nice to just embellish. And to get a finished project that looks exactly like the photo on the pattern - gauge isn't so much an issue when you're sewing.

No comments: