Thursday 14 May 2009

A package in the mail

A couple of days ago I came home from work to find a mysterious squishy parcel sitting by my knitting table. I spotted the return address and ripped into it, 'cause it was the latest installment of my FlockSock Club!

This one is based on the opera 'The Daughter of the Regiment', a rather farcical little comedy. The Tsock has a skirt and brass buttons, so I'm in love. In fact, I love it so much that I wound the first hank of yarn and cast on immediately! Yes, I know I've got a bazillion other projects on the go right now. But this one just looked like fun, and I needed fun. The weather has been awful recently.

The designer has blogged about them in great detail here, and all I've got so far is a little black toe. But it sure is a fun toe!

No comments: