Thursday 20 November 2008

Holidays getting in the way of blogging

I am deep in the throes of marathon Christmas/Yule/non-denominational winter festivity knitting and crocheting. Thankfully, I'm half a sock away from everything that needs to be mailed overseas being done, so I should (fingers crossed) get that done by the end of the month.

I'm taking a slight detour from holiday knits at the moment, though. Dee, purveyor of my favourite yarn in the world, designed some mittens a while ago. Everyone loved them, so she decided to dye up 5 different colourways and sell them as kits. Unexpected financial problems meant that I wasn't going to buy one, so I'd resigned myself to waiting until the pattern was available next year and coming up with some other yarn. Except, of course, that patterns need test-knitters before they can be given out - so I volunteered! I'm currently partway through the ribbed cuff of the first mitten, looking forward to starting the stranded hand. I picked the colourway Bonfire, which is shades of orange and brown and looks just like you'd expect. And when they're done, I get to keep them! Yay!

Since my blog has been rather boring of late, I thought I'd post some photos of what are going to be the last stash acquisitions for a while. They're none of them recent - it's everything from the time my camera died!

This little lot is all stuff that my mother bought for me to turn into something for her. Some Jitterbug for socks, though I haven't yet picked a pattern. Some Mirasol Hacho, destined to become a pair of Broadripples. Several skeins of Cascade 220 Wool, destined to become several things! The mauve and pink are going to be a shawl for my mum, which I've already started knitting. (And put down because there's no way it's going to be done in time for Christmas!) The purple was intended as a hat - and I've made it! There's still nearly half a skein left, so I'm planning to make a second hat at some point in the future.

Mum also got me a gorgeous skein of Jitterbug for myself. I have no idea what I'm going to make with it, but right now I'm perfectly content to just pet it.

More later - don't want to use up all my photos at once!

No comments: