The tippets are shorter and narrower than those on the grey frock. The sleeves are shorter and tighter. And I used regular gores in the skirt, so there wasn't epic geometry fail this time. It is in all other respects identical to the grey frock.
|Photos courtesy of Lady Tamara.|
|Now with bonus spiffy champion!|
I spent an entire weekend in this outfit. It was incredibly helpful to test out how the clothing behaved. Some observations:
- The entire outfit (overfrock, underfrock, shift, hose, shoes, veil) takes up less than half of my carry-on bag. I could theoretically get the entire wardrobe into a carry-on at some point as long as I didn't need anything else with me.
- You can't cook when you're wearing tippets. I had to borrow a tunic in order to go play in the kitchen.
- I need to shorten the straps on my shift like whoa. They are too long and consequently uncomfortable.
- Ditto the neckline on the underfrock. It's too wide.
- Need to practice pinning the veil properly. It needs to fit closer to the back of my neck so that it doesn't look quite so much like a scarf.
- The hair works, but makes it surprisingly difficult to hear!
- The sleeves on the underfrock are exactly right. I really like the way they fit.