Sunday 6 May 2012

The imp of the perverse

Why is it that whenever one has time to work on projects, one never ends up doing what was planned?

Two recent examples for you. On Thursday we had workmen round to inspect our roof (on-going squirrel infestation), so I took the day off work to let them in. They'd gone by 9:45, so I'd planned to crack on with this month's spinning project. What I actually did was cast on 2 new knitting projects! One is a Mara shawl from the Rowan Felted Tweed I've had forever. The other is the second incarnation of my Blessed Thistle Tsocks from the 2009 club. I still haven't finished Vintage, but they were making me crazy and I wanted something that didn't require two simultaneous charts and a technique booklet to knit. Both projects are going well.

Yesterday my other half was out at his university library studying for his upcoming MSc exams, so I had the flat to myself. I'd planned to haul out and photograph all my fiber stash in preparation for the Tour de Fleece, which starts next month. Instead I spent the entire day cross-stitching.

I know, I'm in shock too. I literally cannot remember the last time I did any cross-stitch. But I did, and if you'll excuse me, I'm off to go do some more.

No comments: