I've discovered that when I'm knitting only for myself, I knit less quickly. Seems that the thought of gift-giving spurs me on, although I do find it stressful. I should try to figure out a balance between gifts and things for me - my completion numbers are looking low this year! Despite that, I have been casting on fewer projects and subsequently frogging them. At present I have 9 WIPs.
I finished a second woven scarf back at the end of August. Motored through almost 200g of sock yarn in a fortnight, which was rather satisfying. It's been adopted by the spouse, although most of our neutral-coloured scarf collection is used by both of us. I also just finished a pair of garters. They were originally intended for me, but we are going to an event in December that has a gift exchange, so I'll pack them away for Yule and call it quits. At least I won't have to go shopping!
I'm hoping to get all of the current WIPs finished or frogged by the end of the year. I've said that before, I know, but I'm pretty enthused about all of them. They are, in no particular order:
- A garter stitch scarf, made of a coppery fingering-weight lurex yarn for wearing to nightclubs;
- A pillow made of crocheted sock yarn granny squares;
- A mostly-stockinette shoulder shawl in Posh Yarn to wear with my fall jacket;
- A Pi shawl, barely started and also of Posh Yarn;
- A triangular lace shawl, bottom-up, again in Posh Yarn**;
- A pair of stranded mittens of Noro Kureyon Sock in delicious shades of purple and orange;
- A pair of Tsocks;
- A crocheted ripple afghan in navy and white;
- A laceweight cardigan of the first laceweight I ever bought.
The shoulder shawl is living in my handbag, now that the garters are finished, and I'm working on the afghan and triangle shawl at home. Everything else has been duly queued and will be brought out once the current three are done.
I have some lovely red fiber on the wheel at the moment, but I'm not in an especially spinnery mood at present. Too much else going on in my life.
*Hello, Diablo III!
**Sensing a theme here?