Wednesday, 14 November 2007

I love having finish-itis

The llama is done. The two priority projects on which I've been working for months are finished and ready to go. This pleases me immensely.

I'm having tremendous bursts of energy thanks to having finished them. I worked on the silk half-hexagon from Victorian Lace Today. I worked on the never-ending black shawl. I cast on for the tessellating fish blanket. I cast on for a one-skein scarf. I'm working on the Jaywalker. It's as though I've suddenly been freed from the pressure of deadline knitting and can get back to properly enjoying myself. I like it.

The fish blanket is extremely cool. It takes me about 45 minutes to make one fish, and not very much yarn. (I'm in the process of figuring out exactly how much yarn it takes.) It's also fun, simply because each fish is such a quick finish. I'm planning to just use all of the worsted weight acrylic and make a rainbow fish blanket. It'll be cool.

The scarf may end up being a Christmas present for someone if I finish it. Or I might just keep it. Who knows!

No comments: