Monday, 8 October 2007

A Weird Weekend

I got a serious case of the blahs this weekend. Which was odd, because I also did a lot of useful and productive stuff, both knitting and personal-wise.

Dr Who is 4 stripes longer. I'm about to start on the last monster 54-row stripe, and then it's all manageable little ones until it's done! Woohoo! I'm going to have a lot of yarn left over. Need to figure out what to do with it. I'm thinking maybe a mini-Dr Who scarf, crocheted instead of knitted, just using up all of the scraps. We shall see.

I also figured out the lapels of the coatigan and started sewing them. The interfacing is a pain, being the sew-in kind, but it was definitely the right thing to do. And it's a good thing I'm paranoid, because although I thought I was making it on 8mm needles, I was actually making it on 9mm needles. Good thing they were sold out at the shop! Otherwise my sleeves would be rather wonky.

Having been through all my stocking patterns, I've decided that I am going to just do the same stocking again with the colours shifted around. My sense of symmetry needs the stockings to be the same size, and I'm too lazy to do a bunch of rewriting. Will cast on for that tonight and hopefully get it done quickly. Then I can mail them off and have one less unfinished thing lurking around bothering me. Plus, one Christmas present checked off! Woot!

The llama may not be finished by Christmas. I don't care. It's adorable, but I hate knitting it. I HATE knitting it. So I don't have to if I don't want to. It can be my friend's birthday present next year instead. This is supposed to be a fun hobby, dammit!

No comments: