Tuesday, 9 October 2007

Small progress

I did in fact cast on for stocking nomer dve last night. It is still fun making those little braids, and I'm liking the prominence of the green. I think it will go well with the red one.

I think once I finish this one I'm going to spend some time winding up my skeins of yarn. It's frustrating when wanting to start something new to have to spend hours winding the yarn first, so if I wind the yarn beforehand it'll be less of a problem. Of course, all the yarn I have to wind is in big skeins of laceweight. And I have no swift.

I'm heading to the Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace on Saturday. I'm hoping to get yarn for the Interlocking Cables sweater, and maybe enough for some more socks. I don't really have much in the way of sock yarn. But who knows? They may have some other treasure I can't live without!

No comments: