Thursday, 4 October 2007

practice makes improvement

I have spent many, many lunch-hours working on Dr Who. More than I would care to count. It is plain, mindless garter stitch, of which I am rather fond. Yesterday I managed 6 rows, plus a peanut butter sandwich over the lunch-hour.

Which is good, because last time I had it here, I only managed 4 rows plus a peanut butter sandwich. (I am a big fan of peanut butter).

The stocking took 11 days, of which 2 1/2 were concentrated >2 hours of knitting days.

Other stuff is racing along as well. It would seem that all of the practice I have been doing over the course of the year really has been going into improving my knitting. It doesn't feel weird anymore on my fingers. I can even *gasp* knit without looking at my hands! Well, ok, only when I'm doing something in unpatterned stockinette, garter or basic even ribbing. And even then only if it's on fingering-weight or thicker yarn. But still! Progress! And improvement!

Now let's hope that when I swing back into embroidery mode I haven't forgotten how to do that.

No comments: