Monday, 17 September 2007

I spoke too soon

A very busy and sleepy weekend meant I didn't get as much done as I had hoped. I did manage to get one iteration of the neverending black shawl done, and it's now on its much longer Addi needle. I'm hoping to finish it up this year.

The kerchief shawl is going to be just a kerchief. The yarn is splitty and weird, and I don't think it'll be sturdy enough to cope well with being lace. Plus it doesn't frog well. (Amazing the useful things one can find out on Ravelry.) So I am going to use the rest of the yarn (nearly 6 skeins) for an uber-Clapotis. See what all the fuss is about. I worked a full repeat of the lace pattern over the weekend, since it's only 6 rows. Hopefully I'll get it finished up in the next few weeks or so.

Dr Who marches steadily on. I got most of the next stripe done. Of course, it was a 44-row monstrosity, so it took longer than I thought. I also devoted an hour or so to sewing in ends. It's much less bitty now. I've gotten far enough in that I'm finishing balls of yarn up, which means even more ends to sew in! I worked out that not only will I have enough yarn to completely finish the scarf, I'm going to have an entire ball of the green Kid Mohair left over. Which is annoying, because it's the yarn I like least of the entire project. It's scratchy. I shall have to figure out something to do with it - possible my first foray into fulling. Who knows?

The shopping trip was productive also. I got three 100g skeins of Christmas coloured cheapy acrylic for £5.50, which pleased me greatly. I also got a button and some pink thread to finish the collar of the pink sweater. I hope to get that done some evening this week. This shop, too, was out of 8mm DPNs. Very vexing. I did not buy any of the other lovely yarn, buttons, beads, embroidery floss or knitting needles while I was there. Respect the self-control!

The big fluffy autumnal scarf marches on. It is really mindless, so I'm taking it to the pub for this month's shire meeting. It will make a very good present for my friend this Christmas. Mmmmm, sausages and fluffy knitting.

No comments: