Wednesday, 29 August 2007

And still with Dr Who

I shall spend Gamesoc this evening working on the scarf some more, as I plan to show it to the recipient and see what he thinks. Hopefully I'll get most of the 42-row stripe done also and be back in skinny stripe land for a while.

I've also just offered to knit a pair of Christmas stockings for a newlywed friend and her husband. This will mean acquiring some Christmassy yarn, as I don't have any in my stash.

Of course, a lovely friend's lovely mother has recently had to give up knitting for health reasons, and is giving away her entire stash. There may be some appropriate stuff in there.

This acquisition plan means putting more yarn into the flat, which means knitting up as much as I can as quickly as possible. Vexing, really. The knitting I most want to do is laceweight shawls, but what will clear the most space is the neverending acrylic. Fish blanket next, methinks. It looks like a tremendous amount of fun, although I still dislike assembling.

Current WIPs/UFOs:
  1. Dr Who scarf
  2. Pink sweater
  3. stripey scarf
  4. llama handbag
  5. Jitterbug socks
  6. basketweave placemats
  7. coatigan (need to do sleeve maths)
  8. black drop-stitch shawl (needs new needle)
  9. Mystery Stole 3
  10. I-cord hotpad (just needs sewing up)
  11. grey lacy scarf
  12. lace shawlkerchief (decide on shawl or kerchief)
  13. Granny Square blanket (perpetual project)

Planned Projects

  1. Purple tessellating fish
  2. Autumnal eyelash scarf (quickie project)
  3. alpaca wristwarmers
  4. pink three-cornered shawl from VLT
  5. Jitterbug smocked gauntlets (need new dpns)
  6. silk half-hexagon shawl from VLT
  7. Kaalund cap shawl from VLT
  8. Brown mohair fishnet scarf (quickie project; need 15mm needles)
  9. Grey gloves

Lots of projects. I really want to get as many from the first list done as soon as possible. Only two of them are really important, but it would be so great to finish things off. I won't cast on for anything from list 2 until I finish at least three full projects from list 1. Quick! Finish fast! New projects and pretty yarn!

No comments: