Monday, 16 April 2007

New stuff

I went yarn shopping with one of my friends last Wednesday. He's a bit of a Dr Who nut, so I'm making him a reproduction Dr Who scarf. Someone actually worked out a pattern for this thing. So, we went to get the supplies. Of course, there was no yarn available that had all the necessary colours in one type, so we ended up with four different yarns. Including some in different weights. Still, it's knitting up rather nicely, although the colour combination is very 70s. The thing is going to be huge when it's done.

He also bought me presents as payment for making the scarf. Two colourways of Colinette "Jitterbug" (hello socks!) and an Addi Turbo circular needle (my first!). The needle is for a poncho that is going to use up the last remnants of the blue acrylic that never seems to be gone. I really ought to be good and just make the poncho, but the sexy new yarn is tempting me. I want to use the nice yarn, not the horrible old stuff! Still, if I make a big push, I could be rid of all the horrible acrylic by the end of the year. Woohoo!

No comments: