Sunday, 29 April 2007

I like being busy.

So, I finally finished the blanket. Really finished, down to the last little bits of end-weaving and a crocheted border of sorts. The birthday isn't until the 22nd of May, so I'm feeling pretty good about it. And I never have to make another one of these diamonds again.




They are pretty though.









The black shawl trudges along. I've done another iteration and a half since the last post, but it doesn't really look any different, so no picture. The pink jumper is pretty much the same, although that at least I like working on. I just only work on it when I can't stand to do anything else.

Of course, I did start some new projects. Like the afore-mentioned Dr Who Scarf. The colours really are this unappealing, but they are faithful to the original. And the recipient is thrilled at how it's going so far. Of course, this is about 18" of scarf. The finished article is going to be about 13' 6", including the tassels! I might finish it in time for Christmas.






These two lovely skeins are my new Colinette Jitterbug.


They are called Sahara and Bright Charcoal, respectively.
















As for other stuff, well, I've started making a coat. Since it's about to be summer and all. I got some Elle Monet with my birthday money back in March, intending to turn it into some sort of cardigan thing. The thought of a car-length coat just appealed.

I've finished the back and started working on one of the fronts. I love the way the yarn knits up in stockinette stitch, although it looks less appealing in garter stitch. I'm not going to have enough yarn with what I've got, so I'll need to head back up and get another three balls of the stuff. The colours are funky enough that it shouldn't matter too much if they are from a different dye lot.

I've also started a poncho from the Yarn Harlot's pattern. The destiny of this poncho is to use up all of the leftover balls of blue acrylic I've got lurking around the stash. I've already used two and a half, so I'm feeling good. And I do like the colours, so hopefully I'll get plenty of use out of it.

No comments: